There will be a special election on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016, to fill a vacant seat on the Southampton Town Board. If you will not be here, below are instructions for Absentee Voting. Local elections are usually only decided by a few votes. This special election could be decided by one vote. It could be yours. Please vote.
Absentee Voting – Any REGISTERED VOTER wishing to vote by Absentee Ballot must complete both sides of the Absentee Ballot Application (available by clicking below).
Here’s how it works
• You must be a registered voter in Suffolk County, and you must have a valid reason to vote absentee.
• Click on a link below to download a printable application for an Absentee Ballot.
• Print and complete both sides of the Absentee Ballot Application, and sign it.
• Mail the application to the Board of Elections. Suffolk County Board of Elections, PO Box 700, Yaphank NY 11980
• Your completed application must be postmarked no later than the seventh day before the election. You may also hand-deliver it to the Board of Elections up until the day before the election.
• Your application will be processed immediately.
• If your application is validated, the Board of Elections will confirm your validation by letter, and you will receive your Absentee Ballot by mail. (If your application is processed very close to the election date, you will simply receive the Absentee Ballot by mail without prior written notice.)
Download the Application Click below to download a printable Absentee Ballot application.
Download Absentee Ballot Application (English version)
Download Absentee Ballot Application (Spanish version)